3.17.2013

Black Cloud









All photographs taken by the very talented Michael Hughes

This outfit is dedicated to probably my most worn piece of clothing in my wardrobe - this cue skirt. 
I bought it years ago when I was first introduced to Cue and have pretty much worn it once a fortnight since. This skirt has the volume I love, the pockets I love more and is in my opinion the perfect twist on a classic bubble skirt. Since I bought it over 2 years ago, I have never seen anything like it and it is still today getting compliments. 

When I first bought it, I pigeonholed it as a "work" skirt in my mind as it is the must-wear black and has pockets large enough to fit a small child / all my junk. I decided this weekend though that it was time to bust it out for a day trip and let it see the world outside the women's lingerie department. Aiming to change its status from "work skirt" to "everyday fabulous skirt" in my mind, I paired it back with a staple navy striped tee and some sandals. 

Ps. Sorry for the long post, but the skirt deserved it. 

jasmine x

5 comments:

  1. that skirt is adorable! I always pigeon-hole items as work clothes if I wear them to work straight away, such a bad habit to get into! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. just came across your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the volume and shape to the skirt. Great find. Also you are looking super adorable in the third shot.

    Christie x

    Dark Blue Stripes

    ReplyDelete